Video animation unveils the DARK SIDE of investment
Movements around the world have put the spotlight on bailouts and tax evasion that have enriched the 1% at the expense of the 99% but this is only part of the picture. Now TNI have launched a new accessible popular video animation that exposes how international investment agreements are also at the heart of an international economic system that is enriching a small corporate elite at the public expense.
The video shows how:
- corporate lawsuits against governments have risen by almost 1200% since 1990
- Argentina's legal bill for fighting corporate lawsuits has come to US$ 912 million, equivalent to the annual average salary of 140,000 teachers or 75,000 public hospital doctors
- corporate lawyers, based mainly in the UK and US, are earning around $800 dollars an hour encouraging corporations to sue governments
The video also links through to a list of resources, actions and ways to get involved so we can put investment agreements back under public control.
You can watch the video at http://www.tni.org/multimedia/video-dark-side-investment-agreements
Please share this widely by:
- sending to your web editor to embed in your own website
- forwarding this email to your networks and friends
- Posting on twitter and facebook: use the links provided on the page